Saturday, November 30, 2013
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Reprint from: http://www.choosemyplate.gov
Eating healthy doesn’t have to cost more. Use these tips and materials to help you make choices that are not only healthy but also economical.
- The 3 P’s - Plan, Purchase, and Prepare Food on a Budget
- The reminders help you stay within your food budget.
- Smart Shopping for Veggies and Fruits
- Get the fruits and vegetables you need without breaking the bank!
- Eating Better on a Budget
Eating Healthy on a Budget – A Consumer Economics Perspective
- Can people eat healthier and spend less money?
- Are fruits and vegetables so expensive that people cannot afford to eat a healthy diet?
- How can people actually know what foods are healthful choices and that they are likely economical as well?
Read a USDA Economist’s View: Nutrition Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive