See response to our open Letter To President Obama from the Ministry of Imam W Deen Mohammed - The Mosque Cares
The Honorable Barack Obama
The White House
Washington, DC 20500
Dear President Obama:
As you move to the next chapter of your life, The Mosque Cares - Ministry of Imam W Deen Mohammed sends special thanks and appreciation for your service to the United States and the Global Community. Your Presidency is the greatest thing to happen to us, as a Nation. In 2008, my father, Imam W Deen Mohammed stated “I strongly believe that he (Senator Barack Obama) will become the President. His success has already sent signals to our spirits, our sentiments, and that will make for a new spirit in Black America.” Throughout the past eight years, your continuous leadership, work and dedication for the common good is evident in your numerous accomplishments which include:
- After 100 years of talk and failed efforts, health care reform is a reality.
- The U.S. has done more to combat climate change than ever before for example, carbon emissions have decreased 9 percent.
American leadership has been refocused and reaffirmed in the world, recognizing our strength derives from our values and the depth and breadth of our global partnerships.
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act spurred economic growth amid the greatest recession since the Great Depression.
Race to the Top competitive grants encourage and reward states for education reform.
- There has been increased focus of support for our Veterans.
National Service expanded and is encouraged via the Serve America Act.
- The Claims Resolution Act benefits African American farmers discriminated against by the U.S. Department of Agriculture when applying for loans and assistants to start and maintain farms.
We end this letter quoting you, “We the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what's in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense.”
We pray G’d continues to bless our country and all of our good works.
Imam Warithudeen Mohammed II