Thursday, May 28, 2015
Donate and receive the full document by clicking here
Sunday, May 24, 2015
Americans across the land will gather in unity to remember all who have made sacrifices in service to our country.
This Memorial Day, we thank all Believers in Uniform for the tremendous contributions they have made to community and country. We are deeply honored and recognize you and your families' selfless service, both seen and unseen.
Imam W. Deen Mohammed* said, "everything that happens in human life, as designed by our Creator, has a sign for our intelligence, for our mind to read. And everything carries both knowledge and mercy."
Honoring those who served isn't just about Memorial Day, it's about all of us serving humanity in some capacity each and every day.
Saturday, May 23, 2015
The National STREAM Labs Expo will take place during the 2015 Annual Muslim Convention in Tinley Park, IL, during the Labor Day Weekend.
All student participants must:
1. Complete and present a an innovative project that address a minimum of 4 of the six STREAM Labs concepts.
* Science - Allowing students to discover solutions to the problems of today
* Technology - Helping students use advances in technology to structure or format solutions to the problems of today
* Reading - Aiding the development of communication skills as students communicate with nature and humanity to better understand the nature of solutions to real-world problems
* Engineering - Facilitating opportunities for students to design and structure solutions
* Art - Encouraging and developing ways for students to use their innovative talents to structure or format solutions to the problems of today
* Math - Providing real-world examples for students to engage in problem solving methods to construct solutions
2. Complete and submit the online application by 11:59 pm on July 15, 2015.
3. Have a local or national leader (Imam, Pastor, Founder or Board Member of a Faith-Based and or Community-Based Organization) provide a letter of recommendation that demonstrates students commitment to helping others and supporting organizations, such as The Mosque Cares.
4. Submit a poster for approval by August 1, 2015 via email. See poster requirements for more specifics on the poster guidelines.
5. Provide The Mosque Cares with a digital copy of an abstract (one paragraph) of the highlights of The STREAM Labs Expo project.
7. The posters will be on display from after Salat-ul Jummah until Sunday morning at 11:00 pm. Each participant is encouraged to attend the Convention. All that attend should be prepared to make a 10 minute presentation-on Saturday or Sunday morning for convention attendees.
Poster Creation Tool: https://www.tinkercad.com/
Examples of recent posters:
QUESTIONS: TheSTREAMLabs@gmail.com OR MuslimConvention@gmail.com
Friday, May 22, 2015
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Sunday, May 17, 2015
Chicago, IL - May 18, 2015: The Mosque Cares (Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed) announces our Annual Ramadan Session under the uplifting theme. Researching our Faith For Implementation of Leadership. This event hosted during the Holy Month of Ramadan signifies our devotion to the study and glorification of Al Qu’ran. It will be held Friday July 10-Sunday July 12, 2015 at The Mosque Cares, 929 West 171st Street, East Hazel Crest, IL 60429
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Mayor Rahm Emanuel Joins Community, Faith and Business Leaders toKick-Off Second Annual Summer of Faith and Action
The Mosque Cares is bringing our supporters and attendees into promotion of our Annual Muslim Convention. We now have convenient business card size promotional material with registration and contact. This allows everyone, including you to participate. This is our national Dawah effort and Dawah is an obligation for Muslims which is a gift and mercy from Allah (SWT).
Allah (SWT) says in the Quran: "Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity." (3:104)
For example those things Allah (SWT) has forbidden for us should not be looked upon as a hardship but as an invitation to conduct lawful business. As African American people we are well aware of the low rate of our dollars changing hands among our own people. Through the promotion of halal products at the Annual Muslim Convention and throughout our communities nationwide and worldwide we can change those negative circumstances to positive if we all take on this great challenge of doing more for self and kind.
If you would like to participate in this effort to invite our friends and fellow citizens to our Annual Muslim Convention email your contact information and requested quantity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FYI - full size 8.5x11 flyers are also available. Don't forget to hang these in areas visible to the public.
Thank you for your time, May Allah (SWT) continue to guide and bless all of our good works.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
Chicago 2nd Annual Summer of Faith and Action Kick-Off - The Mosque Cares Community Family Night May 22, 2015
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Sunday, May 3, 2015
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Friday, May 1, 2015
Americans across the land will gather in unity to remember all who have made sacrifices in service to our country. This Memorial Day, we t...
As Salaam Alaikum, Ramadan Mubarak! We are reaching out for assistance this year as we launch a well round project Insha Allah. We hav...
With Allah’s Name, The Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) · "Obtain knowledge from cra...
Imam W. Deen Mohammed (aka Wallace D. Mohammed) was born Oct. 30, 1933, to The Honorable Elijah and Sister Clara Muhammad in Hamtramck (D...