The National STREAM Labs Expo will take place during the 2015 Annual Muslim Convention in Tinley Park, IL, during the Labor Day Weekend.
All student participants must:
1. Complete and present a an innovative project that address a minimum of 4 of the six STREAM Labs concepts.
* Science - Allowing students to discover solutions to the problems of today
* Technology - Helping students use advances in technology to structure or format solutions to the problems of today
* Reading - Aiding the development of communication skills as students communicate with nature and humanity to better understand the nature of solutions to real-world problems
* Engineering - Facilitating opportunities for students to design and structure solutions
* Art - Encouraging and developing ways for students to use their innovative talents to structure or format solutions to the problems of today
* Math - Providing real-world examples for students to engage in problem solving methods to construct solutions
2. Complete and submit the online application by 11:59 pm on July 15, 2015.
3. Have a local or national leader (Imam, Pastor, Founder or Board Member of a Faith-Based and or Community-Based Organization) provide a letter of recommendation that demonstrates students commitment to helping others and supporting organizations, such as The Mosque Cares.
4. Submit a poster for approval by August 1, 2015 via email. See poster requirements for more specifics on the poster guidelines.
5. Provide The Mosque Cares with a digital copy of an abstract (one paragraph) of the highlights of The STREAM Labs Expo project.
7. The posters will be on display from after Salat-ul Jummah until Sunday morning at 11:00 pm. Each participant is encouraged to attend the Convention. All that attend should be prepared to make a 10 minute presentation-on Saturday or Sunday morning for convention attendees.
Poster Creation Tool: https://www.tinkercad.com/
Examples of recent posters:
QUESTIONS: TheSTREAMLabs@gmail.com OR MuslimConvention@gmail.com