The Mosque Cares (Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed) is pleased to announce the 2014 Imam W. Deen Mohammed Scholarship
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
· "Obtain knowledge from cradle to grave"
· "A person who follows a path for acquiring knowledge, Allah will make easy the passage to Paradise for him."
Imam W. Deen Mohammed
· "Education is the number one priority"
· "Education is the greatest tool for advancing the society"
President Barack Obama
DONATE: Support This Important Initiative
ATTENTION STUDENT APPLICANTS!
ATTENTION STUDENT APPLICANTS!
2014 Imam W. Deen Mohammed Scholarship Program
2014 Imam W. Deen Mohammed Scholarship Application
Submission Deadline - April 30, 2014
The Mosque Cares | Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed humbly announces its NEW 2013 Imam W. Deen Mohammed scholarship program.
· DEADLINE for scholarship applications is April 30, 2014.
· Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
· Refer to application process for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.)
· Please type or print legibly.
· If you have any questions about the application, email email@example.com
Purpose: To provide scholarships to 2 deserving full time college students in their Sophomore or Junior year, attending a 4-year accredited college in the United States.
Criteria - Applicant must:
· Be under the age of 23
· Be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
· Have enough credits to be considered a Sophomore or Junior
· Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
· Be of African-American descent
· Require financial assistance
· Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
Application Process: Applicant must submit the following items:
1. Completed application form (if handwritten, print legibly)
2. A short bio about you including background and goals and how you plan to give back to your community
3. At least one letter of recommendations from choice of college teachers, administrators, counselors, employers
4. At least one reference letter from local Pioneer who can verify your community involvement.
5. An official, recent transcript with cumulative grade point average and course credits
6. Essay (minimum 600 words) – How Imam W. Deen Mohammed’s 33+ years of leadership and teaching has impacted your life
Deadline for the application is April 30, 2014. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Please mail OR submit application to:
WDM Ministry Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 153
Matteson, IL 60443
or send an email with attachment to:
Evaluation Process: Upon receipt, a scholarship committee will evaluate the application. Applicants may also be contacted for further inquiries or for a short interview by a committee member. Upon careful reviewing of the application and presented materials, the top ranked applicants based upon the eligibility criteria will be awarded the respective denominated scholarships based on the decision of the committee members.